A “could be better” start to the Season.
Football season has started and life is back to normal.....
Last season was unreal for me. My dearest Man Utd ended the season without a trophy, and …well….ok, I will just go ahead and say it…. I am not used to seeing Man Utd not winning anything ok!!!! But true fans stick by their team win or lose and my passion for Utd burns strong as ever. Opening games for the season saw Man City fought hard against Southampton (3-2) for a win, Chelsea winning, Liverpool crushed by West Brom (3-0), Arsenal drew with Sunderland and Man Utd denied by Everton.
Playing away at Everton is never easy. The Toffees always give a strong fight. And it was no difference last night. Everton had Man Utd playing hard for their game with many near goal scares. In the end it was a super in-form Marouane Fellaini who scored the only goal 17 minutes after half-time to give Everton the 3 points. Robin van Persie started the game on the bench and debuted at the 66th minute. But alas nothing was made to denied Everton their victory. A disappointing start to the season. But then, it’s only the first game and we have 37 more to go. Man Utd have previously gone on to win the league without winning their first match. I am looking forward to more van Persie action and of course a stronger and more experienced Man Utd squad. De Gea showed this yesterday when tested hard and consistently by Everton. The man is improving and slowly filling into the super large shoes left by van der Sar.
A side note: As much as I hate Liverpool, I do regard them as a respected enemy. With its long history and tradition (just like Man Utd) it’s really sad to see them slipped through the tables. And it’s been a few years already. I actually miss seeing Liverpool in the Champions League. They do give some classy performances over there. But yet another season goes by without Liverpool qualifying for the Champions League. Instead teams with endless pockets get to “buy” trophies. Money is fast becoming the new virtue of football greatness. For the sake of football tradition and history, I would love Liverpool will finish in the top four this season, but not higher than Man Utd of course!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment