Man Utd did not win the BPL this season. My heart is in pieces. In one night we lost 4 things. The chance to hold the record for most number of league wins (and thereby knocking Liverpool off it's perch). We lost our record for the most of number of goals scored in a season to Chelsea, Rooney lost the golden boots award to Drogba and we lost the chance to make history by being the first team to win the BPL 4 consecutive times. There was no chance of a miracle that night when Chelsea hit 8 past Wigan. Well done Chelsea. You played hard for the trophy.
As for Man Utd, we look forward to the next season. We'll bounce back like champions do (to sort of quote Sir Alex). It will be interesting to see how Sir Alex will strengthen the squad. We need to get over the loss of Rolando and stop over-relying on Rooney. That said, I did we did decent this year. We won the Carling Cup. Which I guess is better than not winning anything at all (ahem..Arsenal and Liverpool). We got further in the Champions League than Chelsea and Liverpool. And we were placed second in the league by only a point behind the Champions. We can still hold our heads up.
The morning after the miracle-less Sunday night, I was playing the song "Smile" by Charlin Chapin on repeat mode to comfort my aching heart. My colleague thought I was crazy and over dramatic. Well, that's me. Passionate and dramatic. I get moody when my team loses.
Looking on the bright side, the World Cup is next!!!!!!!!! I have finally signed up with my cable operator for the World Cup package after months of worrying whether I would need to go to Johor Bahru to watch the matches. Thank goodness the telcos settled a deal with FIFA. At $70 bucks for the early bird package, it's an ouch indeed. But I am that very sucker cable companies love. I will pay any price to watch my football. I am an addict. The price I pay for love.
Here's me crossing my fingers for England. Hope we do well.
Ohh… and p.s. Well done Michael Ballack. You finally got your BPL medal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment